Fungi, the anthology of all things mycotic edited by Orrin Grey and Silvia Moreno-Garcia, has an official sporing date and a final cover for the paperback edition: November 2012 for the pre-sale and December 2012 for the official release. All books ship in December.
The paperback ($14.99) and e-book ($6.99) editions of Fungi will be identical. However, Fungi will also be available as a hardcover ($28.00) with three extra stories not included in the paperback and ten black-and-white illustrations by Bernie Gonzalez.
Fungi is an eclectic anthology with stories that run the gamut from horror to dark fantasy. A mushroom submarine, anthropomorphic cats, hallucinogenic fungi, mushroom people, private investigators, and mercenaries make for a very different kind of anthology.
The table of contents for the paperback and e-book is below:
- Ann K. Schwader, “Cordyceps zombii” (poem)
- A.C. Wise, “Where Dead Men Go to Dream”
- Andrew Penn Romine, “Last Bloom on the Sage”
- Camille Alexa, “His Sweet Truffle of a Girl”
- Chadwick Ginther, “First They Came for the Pigs”
- Daniel Mills, “Dust From a Dark Flower”
- Ian Rogers, “Out of the Blue”
- Jane Hertenstein, “Wild Mushrooms”
- Jeff Vandermeer, “Corpse Mouth and Spore Nose”
- John Langan, “Hyphae”
- Julio Toro San Martin, “A Monster In The Midst”
- Kris Reisz, “The Pilgrims of Parthen”
- Laird Barron, “Gamma”
- Lavie Tidhar, “The White Hands”
- Lisa M. Bradley, “The Pearl in the Oyster and the Oyster Under Glass”
- Molly Tanzer and Jesse Bullington, “Tubby McMungus, Fat From Fungus”
- Nick Mamatas, “The Shaft Through The Middle of It All”
- Paul Tremblay, “Our Stories Will Live Forever”
- Polenth Blake, “Letters to a Fungus”
- Richard Gavin, “Goatsbride”
- Simon Strantzas, “Go Home Again”
- Steve Berman, “Kum, Raúl (The Unknown Terror) – b. 1925, d. 1957”
- W.H. Pugmire, “Midnight Mushrumps”
The three extra stories included in the hardcover edition are:
- E. Catherine Tobler, “New Feet Within My Garden Go”
- J.T. Glover, “The Flaming Exodus of the Greifswald Grimoire”
- Claude Lalumière, “Big Guy and Little Guy’s Survivalist Adventure”
Look for the pre-sale later this fall.